Re: EIB versus CBUS

Aye ... not to say I'm right, of course !   I'm sure some will
disagree about the robustness of C-Bus, it being used commercially,
afterall - 'will be interesting to see how it & EIB compare over
time.   And while Idratek is good for robustness, would it be OK in
the rough of the commercial world - not sure !   Yes, 'did do a lot
of research - 'cos we're quite ambitious on the HA front ... want it
to be very intelligent (a much mis-used word, of course, but it
seemed to me that only Idratek made it in that regard, and their
build-quality looks OK).

'still pondering AV & PC network side of things ... CT100 & Cat-5e
or
Cat-X, where X is 6 or 7 or 8 ???   By which I mean that while our
main artery conduits are going to be fairly large, with just a couple
of bends, we haven't decided how to do the smaller stuff - SWMBO says
conduit, but I'm tempted to just to plaster over the cable, because
if we went for Cat-5e & wanted to re-thread later, I'm not sure how
well the more delicate higher-rating cable would survive the
experience - ie: it might be better to go for bare Cat-8 (say) now,
and never (!?) have to update it !

Chris