RE: {Disarmed} RE: VOIP service

This is something I had considered...

Doesn't asterisk et al require dedicated hardware in the "server"
though? - don't think any of the popular virtualisation platforms are
able to map PCI devices from the host into VM's yet can they?

Also, I suppose if there really isn't anything to compete with this in
the windows world, then an "appliance" would not be out of the
question,
provided it was low running cost, and relatively low maintenance (which
I suppose it would be compared to software on a WIN box anyway!). A
small 1U rackmount unit that just needed a couple of connections, and a
browser to manage it, humming away consuming only a small amount of
power could well be a go-er...

Cheers.

Paul G.