Re: Re: Motorised radiator valves

Hi,

Just to mention Oventrop here -- they do an onoff and a
proportional one (you apply 0-10V and it opens proportional to the
voltage).  However they are about twice the price that you mention.

I had intended trying some of the proportional ones to try and find
a steady state setting to balance heat delivery/loss based on external
temp and circulation temp,  but it's still on my very long 'todo' list
and I'm advised probably quite impractical anyway. One of the awkward
aspects was that the boiler modulates down to achieve the same effect
but only based on the one room where the main thermostat is located - as
ever the entrance hall. It's a digital bus linked thermostat so not
expandable to several rooms (not what I was told when I bought the
system -!!! arrrgh).  My radiators are cast iron and have significant
heat retention so an onoff zone actuation (which I implement currently
off a secondary thermostat)  tends to heat them suddenly and by too much
causing noticeable overshoots.

http://www.oventrop.co.uk/en/index.htm

On/Off 24 volt valves part number 1012486
Proportional 0 - 10v control, 24v supply. Part number 1012951

JonS wrote:

> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>,
"Jon
> Wilkins" <jonpdwilkins@...> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Jon,
> >
> > Do you remember the specific actuator model / where you purchased
> it from?
> > (If it was Idratek the it will probably have been the variant
listed
> > in the PDF (AXT 111 202). )
> >
> > M30x1.5 appears to be quoted on many TRV vendor's sites as the
> > "standard" so I think this would probably fit my
Drayton valve,
> > leaving a bit more investigation on the Westherm. I see Sauter do
> > adapter accessories but I can't yet see a vendor.
> >
> > I'd noticed that it's a 24 v unit and was thinking initially to
> power
> > the "test" locally (plug in PSUs near the two rads) but
was thinking