Re: GSM gateways

Peter,

We have an analogue GSM gateway at our office which provides just a
standard RJ11 port and works just like a phoneline. We've also rolled
out a few VOIP GSM Gateways with PBXs which seem to work fine.

Overall they appear to "just work" as you'd expect, particularly
the
analogue ones - we picked our office one, an Ericsson unit off Ebay
for about =A350 too.

Thanks,
Ross.

On Nov 20, 2007 6:49 PM, Pete Church <yahoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> >Sorry, re-read the post!!!
>
> >VoIP obviously needs an ADSL landline..... ;-(
>
> Thanks Jim,
>
> Was hoping someone had some advice there!
>
> This is actually quite a sensible option for me since where my house
is i=
> not within reach of ADSL and is doubtful whether it will be for a
number =
of
> years but has EDGE and possibly 3G coverage
>
> Using mobile data as my main house connection seems a good idea. If I
can
> avoid it though I don't want to have to have a computer with an access
ca=
rd
> in running to avail of the service though.
>
> Anyone?
>
> Cheers
>
> .
>
> <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=3D97359714/grpId=3D1109639/grpspId=3D1705041=
992/msgId

=3D147480/stime=3D1195580803/nc1=3D5028928/nc2=3D5008826/nc3=3D4836039>