Re: Server in Cold Garage

I have had UPSs running overnight.  If the fan runs continuously
then the UPS can be stone cold.
If the fan isn't running the UPS electronics do keep it warm.
The answer is for a fan to run based on temperature!
Off in the winter so the server warms up a bit and on when needed in
the summer to keep it cool.
Andy the UPS Man

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ho Yin Ng" <architect.hoyin@...>
wrote:

> If it is on 24/7 and it generates enough heat then I would have
thought
> there would not be much of a problem even if it is freezing
outside. As long
> as the computer stays on and generates its own heat condensation
should not
> occur.
>
> I personally would be more worried about the summer, when your
uninsulated
> garage becomes an oven.
>
> Ho Yin
>
> On 17/11/2007, Phil Harris <phil@...> wrote:
> >
> >   ...hence why I've kept saying "As long as it's dry in
there". ;-)