Re: [OT] Weird ADSL Problem

Simon,

In all honesty and probably not the answer you want to hear but I'd
bin the Draytek. In my experience at work we used to issue all clients
with Drayteks at their offices, we have found that those that are now
a couple of years old seem to start having lots of ADSL max and sync
problems.

We've also found that the newer Drayteks just aren't up to the job,
especially for the price - almost as if you're "paying for the
name"
these days. It depends what your requirements are from a router I
guess in terms of an alternative, but the best replacement I've found
especially on longer lines is a Zyxel 660 - an example being a client
with a terrible ADSL line which would only sync at 64kbps up with a
Draytek 2600 + 2800 and a couple of other routers, however dropping in
a Zyxel 660 gave true 256kbps up immediately :).

Ross.

On Nov 14, 2007 7:50 PM, Simon McCaughey <simonmcc@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've been running the long line firmware on my Draytek from the start.
Do is