Re: RF modulators

  • Subject: Re: RF modulators
  • From: "ianh1000" <ianh1000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 13:40:14 -0000

Hi Dom

I use a loft box for a similar installation, this feeds the signal
back up to a distribution amplifier and then around the house. I have
not used a modulator for most of this as my Tivo has a modulator. I
do use a similar modulator for a CCTV camera and the quality is
pretty poor to be honest. I guess if you are using just small screens
it could be ok.

Does you freeview box have a modulator? Also use Keith Doxey's taboo
list to help choose the channel the modulators use.
http://www.kat5.tv/taboo.html

Regards
Ian

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "domdevitto" <dom@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to pipe my DVD, FreeView and VHS around my house (which
already
> has UHF/coax cabling in the right places.
>
> I was thinking of getting a couple of these:
> http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page4.htm#lowcost
>
> and stacking them before (or after) the VHS and then feeding the
TVs.

> I'm sure quality isn't going to be great, but any ideas if it would
> work acceptably ?  (we've a single large TV near the
proposed 'stack',