TV card for Shuttle PC

Bought a Hauppauge TV tuner card a few weeks ago and it failed
miserably
to install on the Shuttle that I plan to use as a media PC.  I'm sending
it back because it doesn't work particularly well on any of the other
PCs in the house either.  However, the Shuttle seems to have a general
aversion to any graphical devices - including a USB TV stick and even a
webcam, which both install OK as far as windows is concerned but the
applications report that they fail to find the device

Does anyone have any experience of these Shuttles? Before I shell out
for another TV card, I'd like to know if there's some peculiarity in the
PC that prevents it working. Or am I just being more than usually stoopid?

Martin