RE: "UK_Selfbuild" Consumer unit wiring

  • Subject: RE: "UK_Selfbuild" Consumer unit wiring
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 11:02:44 -0000

Pete,

My house is fed with a single phase supply as well, but I was cautious
as the UPS may introduce a lag in the phase between external supply and
the UPS output. You would also have to consider switching possibilities
(on the MCB Isolators) that may cause some of the install to run on the
external supply and some on a disconnected, free running, UPS leading to
a difference in phase of the supplies as they drift apart once
disconnected from each other.

It would seem from Phil's comments no damage would be done only dimming
function would go out of whack...

If the Control and Supply to each module is keep together and the only
link is the C-Bus 36v Bus itself then it would be like any other install
that uses more than one phase...

Nigel