Re: [OT] CCTV Rant

  • Subject: Re: [OT] CCTV Rant
  • From: "Tim Fletcher Dot Com" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 13:28:45 -0000

Tell the PCSO's that they can grow roses with that statement..

Look on the Information commissioners site

"This means that if a CCTV camera mounted in your neighbour's property
is overlooking your land, it is unlikely that they will be breaching the
Data Protection Act. However, they may be breaching other legislation such
as the law about harassment or voyeurism, and so may be subject to
investigation by another body, such as the police. "

Lots of information here

http://www.ico.gov.uk/Home/for_organisations/topic_specific_guides/cctv.aspx

The rules are very different for private individuals cf public bodies.

I wonder if someone had private CCTV footage of Ian Huntley in Soham etc.
if they would have been so quick to discount it.

Looks like they couldn't be ar5ed.  I suppose its what you can expect if
you dress untrained school leavers up to look like the Police.

Tim.