RE: [Slightly OT] Bolier woes

If you want to integrate several heat sources then you need to be
looking at
thermal stores/heat banks - generally cylinders with multiple coils for
connecting to the boiler, solar panel, back boiler etc. This keeps the
water
in the different heat sources hydraulically isolated, supplies heat
directly
to the heating system from the tank and uses a plate heat exchanger to
instantaneously heat your hot water thereby supplying mains quality water
direct to your hot taps .

I would stick with the Worcester-Bosch boiler if only because it is more
common than the more complex Viesmann models and therefore easier to find
service engineers to service/support it longer term. I am not a fan of Baxi
boilers in recent times, feedback varies on the different ranges and they
own Potterton which is giving you the problems just now. If you want very
good quality and need a larger boiler output then I would suggest the Broag
Remeha Quinta 30 (28kW output). This can be used with 0-10v input from an
external controls system to control the boiler output which gives scope for
some HA at a later date. I come across them regularly on larger homes and
have found both the boiler range and service from Broag Remeha to be first
rate.

Probably worth posting on the UK Selfbuild site as there are many users of
thermal stores/heat banks there that can offer advice.

Neil B.

_____