Re: [OT] CCTV Rant

I share your frustration.

I want to install a CCTV system to monitor the road outside my property,
due
to increasing amounts of anti-social behaviour and, believe it or not,
almost daily car accidents!!  it's not a particularly busy road, but it's
often double parked - favoured by taxis and boy racers - - Thankfully none
of the accidents have been very serious, but I've had a number of people
knock on the door to ask if I witnessed the accident

I thought of pointing a camera out of the window (can't mount it externally
- listed building + preservation area), and showing a "CCTV
Surveillance
area" sign - - but decided to check out the legalities first.

I wrote to the local police station, and received no reply.

I wrote to my MP (yeah, I know - longshot!) - - but did actually receive a
reply - saying he'd contact the chief of police, and get back in touch with
me.

This was 8 months ago - and I've still heard nothing. I have a camera
setup,
but it'd probably be of no use for evidence!

Now that you've reminded me, I'm going to write another letter + email, not
expecting much, but you never know.

(sorry - end of rant)

perhaps you could use multiple cameras - one that just covers what you're
"allowed" to cover - - - call it "Evidence Cam" - - -
and 1 or more that
cover surrounding areas (backups - not necesarilly "evidence" - -
but
supporting material) - - - if anything happens, then "Evidence
Cam" will
hopefully catch the miscreants - if it doesn't, then the others may add
weight/leads......if the Police care to follow it up....

Rob

On 31/10/2007, Keith Doxey <ukha@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   ARRGGHHHH !!!!
>
> Just had the police round because we have been targeted by local yobs
for
> several months, things like egging and ripping out flowers.
>
> This week they started with fireworks and because tonight is halloween
> set
> up a camera looking out the front to record everything that happened.
>
> Sure enough at 7:30 they launched a rocket directly at the house.
Called