Latest message you have seen: Re: CurrentCost external install

Re: Simat 1 wire Hubs

  • Subject: Re: Simat 1 wire Hubs
  • From: "Mark Marsh" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 12:42:38 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Jon Payne <jgpayne@...> wrote:

> Does the opnode periodically scan for new devices/new branches or
does it do a one off scan to determine which devices and branches
are present?

Sort of - as I understand it, it does a startup scan to detect new
devices and adds them to the database of connected devices. It will
then scan for devices in the database so if a device has been
connected at any startup it should then be scanned for. However, I
think the new hub code breaks this in that the hub branch number is
remembered at startup and the devices are only searched for on that
branch.

It might work using the main trunk - I'd test it but I'm running some
altered code at the moment and it's a pain to restart - shouldn't be
too difficult to try though.

Nice to see some 1-wire discussion here, I'm just getting into it and
going through the opnode sorce code has helped a lot but it's good to
hear of other ways of doing things.

Mark