Latest message you have seen: Re: CurrentCost external install

Re: Simat 1 wire Hubs

  • Subject: Re: Simat 1 wire Hubs
  • From: Jon Payne <jgpayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 10:48:37 +0000 (GMT)

>I take it you mean here rotate thru and start conversion on each
sensor
Yes.

>Likewise rotate thru and read the conversion values ???........Does
sound a
>much quicker way to do it.......
Yep.

>I notice on my two hubs that the branches are polled approx every 3 to
4

Does the opnode periodically scan for new devices/new branches or does it
do a one off scan to determine which devices and branches are present?

I was hoping to scan for new devices continually so that they could be
hot-plugged and then I could also use temperature logger ibuttons (in the
fridge say) by just touching them to a handy ibutton receptacle near by.
Not sure I'm going to be able to do this now and retain the responsiveness
I need for the LCDs though.

>Did you relocate your lcds and iBUTTONS onto the main trunk ???
Not as such. I've got things spread out all over at the moment, for testing
purposes. But I will optimise the network once installed properly.

I haven't get got it installed physically in the final location so it's all
sitting on the bench, however I just need to terminate all the cables in
the patch panel and I can install them throughout the house and find out
what really works i.e. whether or not I actually need the hub at all.

Lots of fun to be had! When I can find the time that is...

Cheers,
Jon