Re: Simat 1 wire Hubs

  • Subject: Re: Simat 1 wire Hubs
  • From: Jon Payne <jgpayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 12:08:24 +0000 (GMT)

Yep, same as you really I dusted it off about 1 year ago... now I'm
thinking that it slows down the 1-wire network too much for my purposes.
With a couple of LCDs, a few ibutons, DS2406's, and about 8 temperature
sensors it takes 10 seconds to scan for the presence of devices on the
network, during which the network is locked out, before I've even polled
existing devices: about 20 seconds for temperature sensors (with most on
the same branch). This means for example a message needing to be displayed
on an LCD is delayed for too long.