Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Re: Re: Windows home server

I use DVDdecrypter.  It's been around for years, and the odd newer
disk
proves a little tricky, but there is another app called RipIt4Me (which
wraps dvddecrypter and another app) that can handle those ok.

Once ripped I pass them through DVD2One to extract just the main feature
and shrink it slightly so it can be backed up ona DVD-R.  If it's a disk
with multiple episodes, I use DVDShrink and save each out as its own
little DVD.

For HDDVD and BluRay there is BackupHDDVD and EVODemux which leave you
with the movie as a single .evo file.  This can be played in Windows
Media Player and MCE if you have the Sonic Scenarist codecs (and plenty
of disk space - HD movies are typically 15 to 20Gb for the main feature
video plus one 5.1 audio stream).

All these apps can be found with a quick Google.

HTH

Mal