Latest message you have seen: RE: [OT} Scanning 35mm negatives?

Re: Re: Windows home server

Thanks to all that replied.  The drive is IDE, 250Gb: it
looks as if the install will only run direct from the dvd
drive, and apparently WHS won't install if there is more
than one drive (which it formats as part of the install):
memory is 512Mb, which is the rec minimum for WHS: resetting
the BIOS defaults doesn't make any difference.

I've switched the drive to another machine (same spec) and
get the same error. Kinda run out of ideas at this point,
very tempted to bin the whole idea

The install reminds me of my many attempts with linux, which
required me to stand on one leg facing east and chant in
urdu before it would work - I know this is a beta release,
but some more meaningful error messages would be a big help.
Are you listening, Bill?

Martin

lexfordparc wrote:
> Worked fine for me and I was doing it through a Virtual PC
> configuration. Is the HDD SATA? Does it need a mass-storage driver?
How

--

Grizelli Associates Limited
IT Project Consultants