Latest message you have seen: RE: Mimo USB TouchScreens due....

RE: Re: Must-haves for the livingroom

  • Subject: RE: Re: Must-haves for the livingroom
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 11:44:19 +0100

I have a couple of Silent Gliss curtain tracks in my AV and Living
room:

http://www.laser.com/?page=shop/browse&category_id=8166f86293ba57201cfa3b481f7f4c98&;

They work pretty well and you can also automate them from an HA controller
(mine operate from Comfort and HomeVision). They have discreet open and
close switches and will also operate if you cycle power to them. I operate
them using volt free relays from Comfort. This is better than some systems
out there as you can be sure the curtain is either open or closed due to
the discreet control (some others I've seen are toggle only, so you'd need
further sensing of some kind to tell if they're open or closed).

Only down side is they are slightly noisy/creaky when operating - but some
of that may be down to the fixings into the wall being fairly light weight.
The motor gearing is a bit noisy too. Not sure how quiet the other systems
out there are though?

Paul.