RE: [OT] Heated mirrors

Coincidentally, just today I got word that I need to research some
electric underfloor heating for M-I-L's bathroom.

Just been to the site below, but they don't seem to have an offering
that exactly fits all the requirements, which are:

Suspended timber subfloor
Laminate flooring surface
Bathroom - i.e. wet area
Regular rectangle shape

The closest on the site below seems to be one of their mat kits, but it
does say that for this type of subfloor, an additional insulation layer
is required...

I'd really like something that is really simple & easy to fit, since I
will undoubtedly be fixing it myself, and I'll undoubtedly be fitting
the laminate floor on top as well, and I'll probably need to do it all
in a long weekend.

Note that this is NOT the primary heating for the room, there will be a
CH radiator (and a heated towel rail too I believe), this is merely
required to provide a nice warm floor underfoot. So, could I skip the
extra insulation required that's "recommended" - how much
difference
would it really make? - Their recommended product is 10mm thick, - I may
not have this much to play with regard to rising the floor level (I
won't know until I visit again & measure). As part of the laminate
floor
fitting I would be fitting some form of underlay, but I was envisaging
1mm-2mm foam that seems to be "the usual" stuff for laminate
floors...

Any thoughts, recommendations, - any other good websites to go & look
at?

Cheers.

Paul G.

Of
> Rob Mouser
> Sent: 08 May 2007 14:55
> To: UKHA_D Group
> Subject: RE: [ukha_d] [OT] Heated mirrors
>
> We have them in both bathrooms connected to c-bus and controlled by
the
> PAC so they don't come on after 11pm or before 6am. They are
incredibly
> efficient but do get quite warm if on for a long time (Which I could
fix
> with the PAC if I had the time!), we have one very large mirror
(heated
> by dual pads) and it acts a room heating source :-/
> We got ours from http://www.floorheatingonline.com/
as did the floor