Re: slightly [OT] Need some cool sound effects for a PDA Barcode scanner!

  • Subject: Re: slightly [OT] Need some cool sound effects for a PDA Barcode scanner!
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 06:46:32 -0000

cc?!!  not received anyhting if you meant you cc'd the email to me as
well! could you send to noel   AT   adrenalinone dot co dot uk

Thanks very much,
cheers for the comments, good points, mabe i just need to look for
other beeps, the range on the pda is very limited and a little too
shrill!!

thanks
noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, David Greaves <david@...> wrote:

> Maybe try some pink noise with a volume ramp up and down.
>
> Locally that should be clear and should blend in with background
noise from a
> distance.
> The volume ramping should also be less intrusive for those not
listening for it.

> Kinda like the attached... (hence cc)
>
> David
>
> Paul Gale wrote:
> > Company I used to work for had the same - BUT the environment was
large and quite noisy, so a beep was found to be one of the best ways
to cut through noise and be heard - but I agree, still annoying after
a while.

> > Mind you, any repetitive noise quickly becomes annoying,
especially anything quirky!

> > Paul.

Behalf Of
> >> noel_pilot
> >> Sent: 14 May 2007 15:13
> >> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> >> Subject: [ukha_d] slightly [OT] Need some cool sound effects
for
a PDA
> >> Barcode scanner!
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> We're about to implement a number of Symbol rugged pda
devices at
> >> work, currently when you get a good decode from a barcode it
emits a
> >> beep, very annoying after a while, however.....audible
confirmation is
> >> required, so.....amongst all us lot on here, someone must
have some
> >> suggestions (and hopefully an archive) of
cool....suitable....and
most