RE: HELP: Electrical fault involving an X10 appliance module

> That's the live terminal btw - caused by a bad contact between
the
> plug's pin and the socket.  The high resistance has caused a hot spot.

> Yeah.  I realised it was the live terminal after sending the first
message.  I meant to mention it in the second message but forgot.

As it's the Live that has melted the other possibility is that the fuse
clips werent tight enough on the fuse.

I assume that whatever was connected was also a fairly hefty load as well.

I always ensure that screws in plugs are nice and tight and that the
fuseholder is a good firm grip on the fuse cartridge.

I always use MK Safety Plugs and in all the years I was DJing I only ever
had two fail on me. Well they didn't actually fail in service but got
smashed to bits hitting a concrete floor from about 20 feet with a very
heavy 4mm 3 core flex attached to it. I was going to try and catch the plug
but decided it might hurt a bit!!!

Keith