Latest message you have seen: RE: The iPhone 4 - Our First Impressions, Good and Bad

RE: [OT] Strange Router problem - Netgear DG834G

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Strange Router problem - Netgear DG834G
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 00:23:09 +0100

Hi Rob

> I've only got the one router - BT Voager 2000 - and that's
> what I'm having problems with.
> (I, too, am on option 3).
>
> I wonder if when you swapped routers, you got allocated a
> different WAN IP, which got routed through a different
> cache/proxy - - and when you switched back to the netgear,
> the same MAC got the same (old) IP - and thus experienced the
> same problem?
>
> This would explain why something that looks like a hardware
> problem to you could be the same upstream issue that I see hear.
>
> What do you think - plausible?

You might have a point. I havent put the Netgear back on to see if it works
now but I will try tomorrow.

Looking back as some posts on a forum where I am admin, prior to my getting
the problem I had a 217.42.34.xxx ip address.

When the BT Voyager was fired up it got an 86.143.149.xxx ip address but
sometime between late Thursday and just after midnight Friday/Sat it
changed
to an 86.136.67.xxx address but the router shows continuous lineup and
systemup times from when I changed router.

I know that I quite often get pages that go AWOL and hitting ESC then F5
will successfully load the page. Will try and keep track of my IP ranges
now.

Keith