Latest message you have seen: RE: Software for room drawings

Re: [OT] Strange Router problem - Netgear DG834G

Hi Keith,

I've only got the one router - BT Voager 2000 - and that's what I'm having
problems with.
(I, too, am on option 3).

I wonder if when you swapped routers, you got allocated a different WAN IP,
which got routed through a different cache/proxy - - and when you switched
back to the netgear, the same MAC got the same (old) IP - and thus
experienced the same problem?

This would explain why something that looks like a hardware problem to you
could be the same upstream issue that I see hear.

What do you think - plausible?

Rob

On 6/16/07, Keith Doxey <ukha@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Hi Rob,
>
> Yep, BT TotalBroadband Option3
>
> But..... If it is a problem with a server upstream how come it only
> affects
> my Netgear router.
>
> Dialup to BTInternet was fine, and my Broadband was fine as soon as I
> stuck
> the BT Voyager 200 back on there.
>
> I also now have a BT Homehub so plenty of routers to ensure I can get
> online
> :)
>
> Keith

requred state to

<ukha%40diyha.co.uk>> wrote:

> > Hi All,
> >
> > Wonder if anyone has experience the same or similar problem to
the one
> > I have just had.
> >
> > We were happily accessing internet sites with no problems when
Sharon
> > got thrown out of the web forum she was on and was unable to log
in
> again.
> >
> > Tried on three different computers and any site that required a
login
> > failed. Some of the forums just threw you back to the login page
or
> > the home page asking guests to login.
> >
> > AutomatedHome Forums gave an error message "Length
Required" as did an