Latest message you have seen: RE: The iPhone 4 - Our First Impressions, Good and Bad

Re: Stopping 'Silent' phone calls

I have a Fritzbox 7140 ADSL modem wireless router with 2 atas built
in. This will do what you want, as I found out accidentally. It lets
you set up a list of numbers to block, and can also block withheld
numbers. I thought that the blacklist only applied to the VOIP atas,
but you can pass a standard BT line through it and the filtering seems
to work on the analogue line as well.

It will do simple routing and call diversion etc as well, and is a lot
more understandable than asterisk.

xAP switchboard is a most useful app, highly recommended.

Bill

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, ian.bird@... wrote:

> You make it sound so appealing to have a PC on but I have been
bitten with=20
> failed Motherboards and power supplies etc. and now with the
Electrisave=20
> in plain view I have finally got Wifey aware of power consumption. A
PC=20
> shows quite well on it and she hates the noise. It is easier to
please=20
> wifey and build an embedded solution for myself (and fun too of
course). I=20
> will install Switchboard in the mean time on my normal PC as some of
the=20
> features will be useful whilst working on the afore mentioned devices.
>=20
> I have some special phone relays which means I can cut the phone
line when=20
> an undesirable phones, just have to work out what to do and how to
do it.=20
> All fun for the future............
>=20
> Thanks
>=20
> Ian
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Kevin Hawkins <lists@...>=20
> Sent by: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> 15/06/2007 13:25
> Please respond to
> ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>=20
>=20
> ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> cc
>=20
> Subject
> Re: [ukha_d]  Stopping 'Silent' phone calls
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Ian,
>=20
> If you  are prepared to have a PC somewhere, take a look at xAP=20
> Switchboard which is an amazing piece of (free/Windows) software and
it=20
> works well with this.=20
>=20
> It will lookup CallerID and also report it back on xAP including
the=20
> name, company , etc - even announce the caller, by name,  via TTS .
You=20
> [...]
> all calls in and out (by line),  gives screen popups, allows call=20
> history by caller , shows you where the caller is located on Google
maps=20
> etc all via a realtime web interface :-)  It can even integrate
with=20
> Outlook and adds call history to your contacts there.   Supports=20
> dialback too if you have a Pegasus rather than a Meteor, or you can=20
> re-route back via Skype or a standard modem dialler (extra app
required=20
> for theses latter two).  Oh - and it now integrates with Asterisk
too :-)
>=20
> http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=3DContent&pa=3Dshowpage&pid=3D37
>=20
> Was thinking with a simple relay attached somehwo, it could solve
the=20
> 'don't ring' for certain telephone numbers issue too - in fact with
a=20
> changeover relay you could automatically divert certain calls to an=20
> answerphone.
>=20
> Re the actual xAP Meteor device - yes - can sort you out something,
-=20
> I'll reply offlist.  (code is free).
>=20
> Kevin
>=20
>=20
> ian.bird@... wrote:
> > It is attractive tbh. I had in mind some more detailed functions
e.g.=20
> > keeping a log of incoming/outgoing calls and allowing me to add
names=20
> etc.=20
> > to numbers when displaying them. Having said this because of the
way I=20
> was=20
> > planning to design it your unit and my PCB when it arrives should
be=20
> > complimentary. PC's are not always on in my house any more so
that is=20
> not=20
> > a good solution.
> >
> > Do you have one made up or if not what is your estimation? I
am=20
> interested=20
> > in this ;-)
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Ian
> >

> > Kevin Hawkins <lists@...>=20
> > Sent by: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> > 15/06/2007 12:05
> > Please respond to
> > ukha_d@xxxxxxx

> > ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> > cc
> >
> > Subject
> > Re: [ukha_d]  Stopping 'Silent' phone calls
> >

> > Ian - just to mention I do have a xAP embedded controller
available for=20
> > the Meteor already - been using it for a few months now with
xAP=20
> > Switchboard etc. Presents CallerID over Ethernet using xAP CID /
Meteor=20
> > schema.  Very small, nicely cased , inc PSU which powers Meteor
etc.=20
> > Cost - about =A350 +VAT - possibly a little more than you wanted
but=20
> > that's what the modules cost from a retailer, my firmware is
free. lf=20
> > you add a bit of cost in for your time to code an alternative, it
must=20
> > be attractive.=20
> >
> > I haven't mentioned these before as I'm a bit busy on the=20
> > HomeVision/C-Bus gateways currently.
> >
> >     Kevin
> >
> > .bird@... wrote:
> >=20
> >> Hi Pete
> >>
> >> can you share some technical details like the schematic etc.
for
your=20
> >>=20
> > PIC=20
> >=20
> >> PBX. I ask as I have just ordered a PCB to make an embedded
controller=20
> >> using data from my Meteor unit. Initially I was planning to
simply log=20
> >>=20
> > the=20
> >=20
> >> call data and have it show the caller on other embedded
screens
around=20
> >>=20
> > the=20
> >=20
> >> house using Ethernet. All the rest is planned to be manual
i.e.
do we=20
> >> answer it. There are some calls we would simply lie to drop
e.g.=20
> >> International ones.
> >>
> >> Sounds like what you are doing is a long way towards what I
would
like=20
> >>=20
> > to=20
> >=20
> >> achieve
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Ian
> >>

> >> Pete Shew <pslists@...>=20
> >> Sent by: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> >> 15/06/2007 10:07
> >> Please respond to
> >> ukha_d@xxxxxxx

> >> ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> >> cc
> >>
> >> Subject
> >> Re: [ukha_d]  Stopping 'Silent' phone calls
> >>

> >> I have always avoided Asterisk as I prefer cheap as chips
POTS
phones=20