Latest message you have seen: Re: Looking for a new Remote - Pronto TSU9600 - The best?

Re: Stopping 'Silent' phone calls

You make it sound so appealing to have a PC on but I have been bitten
with=
=20
failed Motherboards and power supplies etc. and now with the Electrisave=20
in plain view I have finally got Wifey aware of power consumption. A PC=20
shows quite well on it and she hates the noise. It is easier to please=20
wifey and build an embedded solution for myself (and fun too of course). I=
=20
will install Switchboard in the mean time on my normal PC as some of the=20
features will be useful whilst working on the afore mentioned devices.

I have some special phone relays which means I can cut the phone line when=
=20
an undesirable phones, just have to work out what to do and how to do
it.=20
All fun for the future............

Thanks

Ian

Kevin Hawkins <lists@xxxxxxx>=20
Sent by: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
15/06/2007 13:25
Please respond to
ukha_d@xxxxxxx

ukha_d@xxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [ukha_d]  Stopping 'Silent' phone calls

Ian,

If you  are prepared to have a PC somewhere, take a look at xAP=20
Switchboard which is an amazing piece of (free/Windows) software and it=20
works well with this.=20

It will lookup CallerID and also report it back on xAP including the=20
name, company , etc - even announce the caller, by name,  via TTS . You=20
can add specific xAP messages to all 'events' on an incoming call=20
(arrival, ringing, answer, not answered,  hangup etc). Obviously it logs=20
all calls in and out (by line),  gives screen popups, allows call=20
history by caller , shows you where the caller is located on Google maps=20
etc all via a realtime web interface :-)  It can even integrate with=20
Outlook and adds call history to your contacts there.   Supports=20
dialback too if you have a Pegasus rather than a Meteor, or you can=20
re-route back via Skype or a standard modem dialler (extra app required=20
for theses latter two).  Oh - and it now integrates with Asterisk too :-)

http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=3DContent&pa=3Dshowpage&pid=3D37

Was thinking with a simple relay attached somehwo, it could solve the=20
'don't ring' for certain telephone numbers issue too - in fact with a=20
changeover relay you could automatically divert certain calls to an=20
answerphone.

Re the actual xAP Meteor device - yes - can sort you out something,  -=20
I'll reply offlist.  (code is free).

Kevin

ian.bird@xxxxxxx wrote:
> It is attractive tbh. I had in mind some more detailed functions
e.g.=20
> keeping a log of incoming/outgoing calls and allowing me to add
names=20
etc.=20
> to numbers when displaying them. Having said this because of the way
I=20
was=20
> planning to design it your unit and my PCB when it arrives should
be=20
> complimentary. PC's are not always on in my house any more so that
is=20
not=20
> a good solution.
>
> Do you have one made up or if not what is your estimation? I am=20
interested=20
> in this ;-)
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian
>

> Kevin Hawkins <lists@xxxxxxx>=20
> Sent by: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> 15/06/2007 12:05
> Please respond to
> ukha_d@xxxxxxx

> ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: [ukha_d]  Stopping 'Silent' phone calls
>

> Ian - just to mention I do have a xAP embedded controller available
for=20
> the Meteor already - been using it for a few months now with xAP=20
> Switchboard etc. Presents CallerID over Ethernet using xAP CID /
Meteor=20
> schema.  Very small, nicely cased , inc PSU which powers Meteor
etc.=20
> Cost - about =A350 +VAT - possibly a little more than you wanted
but=20
> that's what the modules cost from a retailer, my firmware is free.
lf=20