Re: Re: Electrisave protocol / PC Interface

Smaller houses?  Are you mad?!!  ;-)  Most mainstream houses are
already
so small that you can barely turn around without walking into a wall.

What we need are big houses and lots of them.  Long term that would
solve the house-price inflation problem by depressing them from above,
and at the same time leave the country with a housing stock made of nice
places to live, rather than Prescott hutches.  Grrr!!!

Besides, you need the extra space for all the gadgets :-)

Chris Hunter wrote:

> >cheaper to eat out ...
>
> 'wouldn't be surprised ... 'did the sums a few years ago & it was
> clear disposable crockery & cutlery etc made sense ... and when
you
> add the fact we could all live in smaller houses if we took full
> advantage of the digital revolution ... plus all the advantages of
> being more sociable, if we went out more ...
>
> Chris
>
> On 5 Jun 2007, at 18:46, domdevitto wrote:
>
> > --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>,
> Chris Hunter <cjhunter@...> wrote:
> >> 'wonder what the life expectancy on these things is ... and
what the
> >> payback period would be ?
> >
> > Well, following it's purchase, and swapout of bulbs (halogens to
equal
> > brightness low-energy bulbs) and other simple changes my base
usage
> > has gone from 12p/hr to 9p/hr. This is amount that when TVs n
stuff
> > are on standby (btw TVs etc. on standby don't use almost any
power -
> > myth debunked with my electrisave).
> >
> > I think it cost £70, which at saving (3px24hrs) 72p/day, so
payback is
> > in 98 days, or 3 months. Even if you factor in the (£20)
cost of the
> > replacement low-energy bulbs, payback is still pretty much 4
months.

> > The original plan was to sell it, and get back some money once
I'd