Re: [OT] Backups

I think you're going down the right route with the portable HD, but
you might be looking at the remote online backup the wrong way. As you
say, 1TB is a lot of data, and certainly something you're unlikely to
be able to backup over DSL or similar in a hurry, so I'd use it as an
incremental backup device instead, refreshing it every night - 1GB
will take about 5 hours over a 512kbit line (ADSL uplink). On UNIX, I
use a tool called rsync, which just copies the deltas. There are
equivalents for Windows, but I don't know which is best. This may
still be unviable depending on how much data you see changed daily. In
which case, I think you're doing about the best you can.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ho Yin Ng" <architect.hoyin@...>