Latest message you have seen: Comfort Distributor gone AWOL ? Nope! Still Business as Usual! Z-wave UCM coming

RE: Geovision Query

Oh yes, I don't for a moment mean to suggest that the RDP session *in
general* is anything other than completely useable. - it's *only* when
the Geovision app is not minimised to the task bar that it gets a bit
wonky... - I have 3 active camera feeds (soon to be 4) showing live
video in that app, and this represents a huge chunk of data to be
rendered on the display which completely saturates the available
bandwidth. Before I turned the colour depth right down, this used to
cripple the connection irretrievably, and on more than one occasion
actually made the server reboot. Now that I run it at just 256 colours,
I can generally recover the session after a few minutes (it takes a
minute or two just to draw the whole screen, during which time the
interface is extremely unresponsive).

I also enabled the "mini view for remote desktop" option in the
GV
software, hoping that it would auto-detect when it's displaying in an
RDP session and turn on the mini view only when it was. Unfortunately,
it seems to be a global setting that just turns mini view on
regardless...

It's just a shame that the GV software isn't quite as smart as WMP,
which *does* know when it is displaying to an RDP session, and refuses
to play video to a remote client.

Cheers.

Paul G.