Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: Barcode data

Automated Home V2.0 - Live

It's three and a half years since we last had the decorators in at
Automated
Home so we were well overdue for a new paint job.  We've ditched the
magnolia and gone with what we hope you'll agree is a much cleaner,
fresher,
contemporary design.  The site is now much easier on the eye and the move
the Joomla CMS brings with it other new features and benefits for our
readers...

1. Contemporary Design - New cleaner, fresher more contemporary look
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/

2. Search - A new faster, more accurate search facility to help you find
what you need from our database of over 1,300 articles
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/Search.html

3. Tags - every single article has been tagged making it a simple one-click
operation to view all our articles on say Z-Wave. View our tag cloud
interface to find what is popular and new too.
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/Tags/

4. RSS - The RRS feed for our main News Page is vastly improved and now 2.0
compliant. Remember to checkout our RSS feeds from our Forums and Mailing
list too.

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/Announcements/Home-Automation-via-RSS.html

5. Social Networking - We now have the facility for an easy single-click
submission of our stories to Digg, Delicious, Furl, Reddit, BlinkList,
technorati and Jeqq.  Go on we know you want to!

6. PDF Printing - Any article can be turned into a quality PDF document for
printing, transporting or emailing, complete with all its illustrations and
working hyperlinks.

7. Videos - click straight through from the Video link in our main menu to
our YouTube channel for all our original video content (currently 13 videos
and growing).

8. Popular Articles - Some of our favourite articles of all time, like the
Wiring Guide, our Sonos long term review and our home built Jukebox Server
/
NAS are available by clicking on the thumbnails down the right hand column.

9. Downloads - We've simplified the downloads section and added some more
applications, manuals and other files useful to home automators

10. Otto Mk2. Lastly we've updated our famous Otto the Robot mascot. Now
upgraded to a Cyberdine Systems Model 101 :)

Many thanks to the team of volunteers that has taken the project through to
this new release.  A special thanks to James Hoye, Steve Edwards and Kwong
Li for their hard work and support.  Also thanks to Stuart Grimshaw and
Iain
Shaw and our team of beta testers that took the site for a test drive over
the last few weeks.

Mark McCall

Editor

AutomatedHome.com