From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Richard
Sent: 20 July 2007 13:50
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] [OT] Can a dodgy power socket burn out HDD's?

They only test the rails going to the motherboard, the 12v for the drives
i=
usually a separate rail to the motherboard which is separate to the CPU
which is separate to the graphics cards ones. There=92s some reason for
thi=
to do with the maximum wattage you can have on a rail in the atx spec or
something. I had to do some rewiring on one of my cases to take the unused
pci-e connector and butcher it into some molexes so that some of the drives
were on a different rail so it would spin up every time.

=20

=20