Re: Cooling an understairs cupboard...Node 0!

  • Subject: Re: Cooling an understairs cupboard...Node 0!
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 19:55:35 -0000

some good thoughts thanks,
design of the understairs cupboard is challenging me, basically the
right wall is the stairs, the left wall is into the lounge, front is
the door into the lounge and the back wall is solid wall to next door!!
So a touch limited,

ref earlier thought of pulling air from floor space.....would that
really be alright? enough cooler air down there to pull up? never
really thought of air moving around down there!!

without making holes into the stairs....trying to avoid if poss cos
thats uncharted territory for me!......i have the following options
for places to make holes/vents

1 - floor - tongue and groove chipboard,

2 - Wall into lounge, plasterboard - 3inch or so gap plasterboard

3 - door into lounge - either plane door to have under door gap or put
louvred vent into lower portion of door.

Obviously i'd rather not mount anything onto the door as i think
that'd look a bit poor altho maybe a kind of rackmount fan tray affair
might hit the spot if I can mount it in front of the louvred grille
nicely, that could possibly draw air into the cupboard then i could
try and duct out into the lounge somehow....looking to have any
out/inlets into the lounge at ground level to maximise aesthetics in
the lounge itself, not ideal thermal wise but hopefully it'll be
enough if i put it at the back of the cupboard with the inlet being in
the door at the front.

Does this seem reasonable?!

THanks all

Noel