RE: Sat on a Toilet Sensor ?

I like the idea of the RS unit but it 'outputs' a differential
resistance=20
i.e. it changes with the strain (unless I miss read it in my haste).
This=20
means that it will require the usual micro somewhere in the middle to make=
=20
sense of the readings. It would give you the opportunity of saying 'my=20
toilets crashed' as you suffocate rather than just the usual server or
PC=20
gone west ;-)

Mind you, watching one of those 'you are what you eat' type of programs
a=20
while back they imply you can solve all your problems by avoiding the=20
Indian, Mexican etc. etc. plus lots of roughage. Not exactly HA though=20
(and probably not as enjoyable either).

Ian

"Marcus Warrington" <marcus.warrington@xxxxxxx>=20
Sent by: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
13/07/2007 13:12
Please respond to
ukha_d@xxxxxxx

<ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [ukha_d] Sat on a Toilet Sensor ?

I tend to agree with you Ian.. that's why I think something like a
strain=20
gauge or load cell is a better solution, since its not connected to the=20
toilet itself, can be completely invisible and only activate upon
sitting=20
(well I suppose you could stand on the toilet).

=20

Looking in RS (www.rswww.com <http://www.rswww.com/> ) part number
632-124=
=20
is a "Mild Steel foil strain gauage, 2mm gauage" cost =A35.09
each

Since the toilet is wall mounted with bolts through a 18mm MDF panel,=20
wonder if one of these mounted on the wooden panel would detect any slight=
=20
deflection of the panel when someone sat on the toilet ?

=20

Marcus=20
=20