Re: X10 dimmer question

  • Subject: Re: X10 dimmer question
  • From: "wywywywywywywywywywy" <wywywywy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:13:50 -0000

Hi,

Yea I know thats not what it says in the PDF, but it is what Kevin Lo
says. And I also tested it very briefly and momentary seems to work
(not sure what will happen if you hold the button).

By the way don't know if it is related to the question, their X10^2
wall switches, which are basically Simtone switches with embedded
micro-modules, are also momentary (DT though).

Thanks,
Wayne

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Marcus Warrington"
<marcus.warrington@...> wrote:

> >> they do work with BOTH latch and momentary switches.
>

> That's not what the PDF manual implies....
>

> ...but I'm MORE than happy if they do  work with momentary as well. It
> was hard enough to get SWMBO to accept the change over to momentary
> press light switches without then having to revert the kitchen lights
> back onto "normal" switches.
>

> Cheers,
>

> Marcus
>
> ________________________________

, Marcus
> Warrington
> <marcus.warrington@> wrote:
> >
> > .. just checked and the micro X10^2 modules do work with latched
> > switches (in fact ONLY with latched switches) so it should work
with
> the
> > PIR fine.
> >

> > I'm planning on using one of their appliance modules (which is
> actually
> > 2 appliance modules in a single box) mounted in the consumer box
> > control our kitchen lights instead of the 2 LD11's I currently
have.
> For
> > me it's a shame that they DON'T work with momentary witches since
I'll
> > have to change the switch back to a normal one !
> >

> > Marcus
> >
> > ________________________________
> >
> > From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
> [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
] On
> Behalf
> > Of Marcus Warrington
> > Sent: 04 July 2007 11:29
> > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: RE: [ukha_d] X10 dimmer question
> >

> > I think the X10^2 micro modules use "normal" latched
switches like the