[OT] Vigor port forwarding question

  • Subject: [OT] Vigor port forwarding question
  • From: "Jim" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 21:04:34 +0100

A question for the Vigor experts in the group.

I want to open my media centre to external access. The router I currently
have (a Solwise SAR600) happily does this, but doesn't offer the ability to
limit which external IP's can gain access. I want to limit it to just my
works IP for added security.

Looking at the next step up and the Vigor units (such as the 2800) are
often
mentioned as being very good, but it's unclear from the documentation if it
has the ability to specify allowed IP's in the port forwarding rules.

So, can anyone confirm one way or the other if they can block in this way?

Or are there other units that definitely can?

Thanks!

Jim