Channel 4 "on demand"

Is this really new or am I just late to the party? I saw it advertised
on TV tonight...

Tim.

Quoting from: www.channel4.com/4od/help.html

What is 4oD?
4oD is Channel 4's new video on demand service. It lets you watch
great Channel 4 programming, whenever you want. 4oD is available on
your computer and through our digital television partners ntl and
Telewest.

With 4oD on your computer you can:

Catch-up on your favourite shows up to 28 days after transmission
Re-discover thought-provoking documentaries, award-winning dramas and
great comedy from the past two decades
Pre-book shows up to two weeks in advance
Rent shows for multiple viewings over a 48 hour period
Buy selected programmes to own
New programmes are available everyday. Some programmes are free and
others are available to rent or own.
To get 4oD on your PC, you will need to download and install the 4oD
application from channel4.com/4od. Each programme is then downloaded
to your PC before you view it.

If you have digital television from ntl or Telewest, you can also get
4oD direct to your TV. Please contact your provider for further
information about the service or visit the 4oD website.