Re: RS232 control of Denon receivers

  • Subject: Re: RS232 control of Denon receivers
  • From: "Rob Dobson" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 17:38:13 -0000

Kevin,

When you say use IP to control it do you mean the web interface to it?
If so i have already looked at this and do not think it is the ideal
way to do what I want.

Presumably as Girder has xAP support I can use this as a trigger to get
girder to do things?

I have had a look at mainlobby but it looks like it will start getting
quite expensive quickly with all the various different bits I will need.

I downloaded an eval copy of Girder today and it does look like it will
take a little longer to get used to than what I have now (Harmony),
however it looks like it will do all that I need and seems to be very
flexible in what can also plug into it.

If anyone has any other suggestions I would be interested so that I can
compare various bits - I will likely move to a new house in the next
coupld of years so dont want to put in anything that will take a lot of
work at the moment.

Thanks,

Rob