Re: [OT] Tracing the cause of a duplicate IP

Unfortunately not. Sonos only works with DHCP . However as mentioned a
lot of DHCP servers can reserve addresses based against the MAC to
almost achieve the same.  But not mine:-( which is annoying. The Sonos
bits are my only moving devices.

Could be wrong here but does XP detect/warn about duplicate MAC
addresses for addresses other than its own network interfaces ? I've
only ever seen it moan about it's own when in conflict.