RE: [OT] Someones sending spam using my Domain name !

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Someones sending spam using my Domain name !
  • From: "Pete Church" <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 15:53:59 -0000

I've got the same happening on all my domains.  The best thing I've found
is
as Julie says to not use a catchall e-mail delivery point and only use
named
accounts.  This means that only e-mails to you personally will be delivered
and the returns to people who don't exist will be bounced by your mail
server/ISP.

If you must use a catchall because you give out individual e-mail addresses
to any dodgy website you sign up with (e.g. yahoo(AT)petechurch.co.uk)
create a separate delivery point (e.g. pop account) for your catchall
e-mail
to your normal e-mail, that way you can have your known good mail delivered
instantly and your dodgy mail delivered say every 4 hours.  I find there is
nothing more annoying than whilst trying to work you get a continual e-mail
received pinging in the background to find yet another piece of spam or
delivery failed.

Also I've managed to train Spam Bayes to filter out practically all
delivery
junk from my mail now, so I just have a quick scan down the rejected stuff
every now and again to make sure there are no false classifications

HTH

Pete