RE: Re: [Advert] - *Massive* clearout - please help me pay for my new AV amplifier!

  • Subject: RE: Re: [Advert] - *Massive* clearout - please help me pay for my new AV amplifier!
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 16:51:33 -0000

I *particularly* want the HD upscaling, and currently, *only* the
Denon
has it in this price bracket...

I'm hoping that it will improve the absolutely dismal quality of SD
material off $ky on my new 50" Panasonic Viera plasma panel, - I'll
arrange an audition with a decent AV/HiFi dealer in the next few
weeks...

Speaking of which, - anybody care to recommend a good dealer with good
demonstration facilities, (ideally with $ky HD & Panny plasmas
available
to demo on), - or better yet, any who will arrange an in-home
demonstration where I get to "play" with it for a week or so
before
agreeing to purchase?...

Preferably in the London area, although I don't travelling as long as
it's not too far...

Paul G.

Of
> rb_ziggy
> Sent: 01 January 2007 16:40
> To: UKHA_D Group
> Subject: [ukha_d] Re: [Advert] - *Massive* clearout - please help me
pay
> for my new AV amplifier!
>
> If you want the sound quality at around that price point, you should
> also try the Arcam AVR350 but the Denon has, I believe, the better HD
> video switching capabilities (if you need them).  For me though, an
> AVR is just for sound ;-)
>
> But Arcam stuff never seems to be discounted anywhere :-(
>
> Richard
>
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gordon" <paul@...> wrote:
> >
> > So what do you think of my chosen Denon AVR-4306??
> >
> > I haven't actually auditioned one yet, - need to arrange that in
the
> > not-too-distant future.. - don't want to do it before I've got
the
wonga