Re: CBUS & Comfort Questions

  • Subject: Re: CBUS & Comfort Questions
  • From: "L Y Chiu" <cytech_tech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:59:46 -0000

Actually, it is possible for Comfort to send messages to C-Bus based
on its internal input and other status, but you need to program this
to happen.

For example, a common application in Singapore and surrounding
tropical countries) is for Cbus switches to use Comfort to control
split unit airconditioners  via IR signals.
Comfort outputs are connected to IR transmitters pointed at the
airconditioner, and the CSM03 current sensor (connected to Comfort
Inputs) monitors the AC supply wire to the unit.

The Cbus group address of the switch is connected to a counter which
sends the required IR signal to turn on and off the aircon or control
its temp or fanspeed. When the airocn tunrs on and off, whether via
Comfort or by its own handheld remote control the current sensor
activates the Zone On and Off Response to send the Cbus Group address
message which gives the true status to the C-Bus switch

Hence the device appears like a real C-bus group address, although
there is no C-bus "real" device, and you cannot use Cbus to
program it
completely

Comfort can be used with Cbus in this way for any device which it controls

In our office we have some lights connected to Cbus and others
controlled to EIB. Both Cbus and EIB switches are able to control the
others' lights and the leds are able to show the real status as well.

Chiu
Cytech Tecnology

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Phil Harris" <phil@...> wrote:

> > I use all the logic in Comfort, not a CBUS PAC. As it works,
> > CBUS cannot "see" directly any comfort input/outputs,
but
> > Comfort can see all of CBUS ID's
>
> Of course that's because Comfort doesn't send out reports onto the
C-Bus
> network of what it is doing with its inputs/outputs whereas Comfort
is able
> to sync itself with the status of C-Bus - so it's a limitation of
Comfort