Re: Re: CBUS & Comfort Questions

Yes :-)  you could do this as long as you have a suitable hardware
link
between C-Bus and X10. Do you already have a Comfort or HomeVision unit ?

This links could be..

Comfort with UCM
C-Bus to HomeVision gateway
C-Bus to xAP gateway   - and then any xAP aware application with X10
capabilities like HomeSeer or the xAP X10 conduit
Maybe even a PAC with suitable programming for a CM12U (not sure on this)

One thing though - you will have slightly longer delays in controlling
X10 and any X10 originated changes will not be communicated back to
C-Bus.  eg if you turn an X10 appliance module on from C-Bus then turn
it off from X10 , and now you press the C-Bus switch again it will do
nothing (as it thinks its turning it off) - a second press would be
required to bring it on.
However - once you experience the joys of C-Bus all those X10 modules
will be phased out anyway...