Re: Run XP harddrive in a donor machine ?

  • Subject: Re: Run XP harddrive in a donor machine ?
  • From: Nigel Champion <nigel_champion@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 13:29:25 +0000 (GMT)

I have had some luck in the past using the Repair option (No the F2 or
F3 but the the Repair that comes after Setup...looks like you are about to
reinstall) from the XP install disk.
This doesn't wipe application settings but will set drivers/updates back to
defaults
I have had a 90% success rate using this method going from a machine that
won't boot and keep crashing with a donor disk
The other 10% was unstable...but probably ok for data recovery :)

Nigel