Any CCTV experts ?? Whiteout

  • Subject: Any CCTV experts ?? Whiteout
  • From: "kw1816" <kw1816@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 17:56:34 -0000

Been scratching my head all day with this ...

I've got a second hand Vantage Day/Night cctv camera that works fine
when connected with a short coax patch lead to my Geovision card.
I got round to installing it today and when it's connected to the
external cable all I get is a white screen with a tiny bit of grey
detail. Played with the white balance but it made no difference.

First of all I thought the coax cable must be damaged but it meters
out fine and with another camera connected it's fine as well. Checked
the 12V supply and it seems fine, I even took the power supply I'd
used to test it out with me but it made no difference.

Removed the camera and brought it back into the study, hooked it up
with the same cables and it worked fine.

So what's going on ??  Cables work with another camera, camera works
with another cable  - it's driving me mad !!!!

Kevin W.