Problems with Freeview

We've just moved into a house that had what seemed to be a normal
aerial.

So I went and bought a freeview box and aerial from Argos (I know that was
probably my first problem but it was a Sunday and I was being impatient!)

I bought a 'Digi Home DV940B Interactive Set Top Box' item code 5320754
(although it says DV940B2 on the box)

And a 'Philex SLx 32DW 32 Element High Gain outdoor TV aerial' item code
5341829

I've mounted the aerial as high as my ladders can get me (bottom of the
eaves, next to the guttering). It gets some channels but not others. I'm
pointing it in the direction of other aerials but just can't seem to get
all
the channels (wont even get BBC1 & BBC2 or any of the ITV channels)

Now I said at the beginning that the aerial on the roof when we moved in
looked like a normal aerial - well my neighbour says the previous tenants
had Freeview using that aerial - but I couldn't even get terrestrial
channels using that aerial - hence why I've bought new equipment.

Postcode is GU10 4QX if anyone would like to help.

I've had a look on http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/coverage.html
and i've
worked out that Crystal Palace is in one direction - Some other aerials are
pointing in that direction but most of the aerials are pointing in another
direction - and from Farnham it looks like they're pointing towards the
Basingstoke/Newbury/Reading area.

Is it the box that's a problem?

Is it the aeria?

Or is it the installer?? ;-)