Re: 60 LED GU10 lamps advise req.

  • Subject: Re: 60 LED GU10 lamps advise req.
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <rb.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 08:30:23 -0000

> LED based fittings are coming along in leaps and bounds. eg.
> search.ebay.co.uk/200075431827
>
> Those Cree X-RE LEDs aren't far off CFL levels of efficiency now. I
just
> bought a new torch with one in - it's about the size of a AAA
solitaire
> maglite, and put out as much light as my 6 D-cell Xenon bulb Maglite!
> (But only for about 45 minutes... :-)
>
> Jim

Jim - or anyone

I'm very interested in looking for GU10's that are near or at the 50w
halogen version.  Looking at that ebay site indicates that they may be
getting close.

Have you got first hand experience of the GU10 versions and how they
compare (illumination power, spread of beam and colour)? Would be most
interested in first hand experiences.

[Unfortunately, most of my 40odd GU10s are on dimmers but about 8 are
not so I'd change these and wait for the technology to catch up on the
rest.]

Richard