RE: 60 LED GU10 lamps advise req.

  • Subject: RE: 60 LED GU10 lamps advise req.
  • From: "Benfield, John \(GTI EMEA\)" <John_Benfield@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 15:47:02 -0000

>I did fit about 30 'warm white' LED GU10, but they all started to
fail.
The
>manufacturer (who gave a refund) said it was because "LED lights
do not
like
>reverse current or high frequency switching which is created by dimming
>circuits".  I do have dimmers (it's a Centralite system), but they
weren't
>enabled for the LED bulbs.  Either way, I'm now back to halogen
everywhere,
>except in the lounge, which was my original test room, where the 6 LED
>GU10's are still working fine.

Sod it, that's bad news. I'm just in the process of specing up some LED
to be drive by my Cbus system so of which who be connected to dimmer
circuits. How long did the LEDs last? I might just get a few and see how
they survive.

JB

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the
sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain
or redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to
this e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/