RE: Mobile broadband

  • Subject: RE: Mobile broadband
  • From: "John Nye" <john@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:21:09 -0000

Hi Paul,

Site is back up now:
http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/eshop/personal/sim/payg-plans-sim.do

Maybe not what you want as I guess you would need a card that would take a
Tmobile sim (I assume this is how they work?) and all sorts of restrictions
on what you can do over the link-:(=20

Small print says
'Not to be used for other activities (including but not limited to) : modem
access for computers, internet based video/audio streaming services, peer
t=
peer file sharing, internet based video downloads, internet phone calls and
instant messaging. If such use is detected, notice may be given after which
network protection controls may be applied. The application of network
protection controls will result in a reduced speed of transmission.'

But with the sim available for 50p and a days usage at =A31 max it might
ha=
ve
been worth a shot to see how good their detection is!

John