Re: Minimum FPS for CCTV system

when I looked at this, it seemed to be mostly a card limitation ...
ie:
'more cards, and higher spec' cards, for more fps ... plus disc-size ...

I also started out thinking I'd need a lot of cameras, but about halved
the number as 'ideas developed ...

mind you, it also seemed the quality of CCTV had someway to go, if
identifying people is to figure in the scheme of things ...

or so it seemed to me ...

then again, CCTV perhaps also has role in motion detection, as part of
HA ... for meeting the needs of people as they move abouti... ie:
lights, sound, TV, and even BG's pictures on the wall ... which might
put the number of cameras up again ...

Chris

Nigel Giddings wrote:

>I am looking at specifying  a CCTV system using between 12 and 16
cameras.

>It would seem that many of these systems share the video capture across
all the cameras and therefore shares the Frames per Second across the
number of installed cameras.

>I wonder what FPS those who use this type of system would deem
acceptable and a what point a low FPS causes problems of recognition. There
is no point spending a shed load of cash to have something that is still no
use? I would suppose that 4 fps or better would be adequate?

>Of course cameras will have a big impact as well so I may be asking for
comments on those later.

>Geovision seems a well liked product on this list but it would seem
that the latest S/W version is the one to have (of course???).