Latest message you have seen: Re: CurrentCost external install

RE: Anyone using the Pronto RU990

I can't help you with the RU990 - but just a few thoughts - how much
time are you willing to spend programming it? I've had various other
Pronto's and whilst good, never really finished programming any of them as
they do require a LOT of time to get right if you have a reasonably complex
setup (mind you - I was programming lights, heating, garage door etc etc
along with AV kit, switchers etc).

I found that the Harmony remotes were the first programmable remote that
actually got everything working as setup was far simpler and easier. The
BIG downside is that if you want complex programming or macros etc, the
Harmony isn't anywhere near as flexible although there are ways around most
problems I've encountered so far.

Just a thought - may be worth a look at the online demo of the programming
software to see if you like it or not?

Paul.