Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Fw: Xbox HD Cable

  • Subject: Fw: Xbox HD Cable
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 09:16:34 +0000

Dont touch anything that isnt the official MS High Def AV Pack.

The Joytech ones for example wont support progressive etc...

G.

Gareth Cook
IT Architect / Project Manager, SWG Sales Europe
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
email: g@xxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 30/12/2007 09:13 -----

Discussion
Main Topic

ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Yesterday 14:13

.
Subject:
.
[ukha_d] Xbox HD Cable
.
Category:

Hi everyone,

Just bought a 32 inch Samsung TV (LE32R87BD -
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LE32R87BD-Widescreen-Ready-LCD/dp/B000O14EWA
)
and want to hook it up to my original xbox (for xbmc) so as to get HD.

I believe there are two types of lead:

1. Original HDTV AV pack with black box:
http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-XBox-High-Definition-Pack/dp/B00005R6YZ
2. Newer Version with no black box (
http://item.express.ebay.com/Video-Games_Video-Game-Accessories__Xbox-Component-HDTV-cable-1080i-tested-X-box-FREE-SHIP_W0QQitemZ8232784436QQihZ020QQddnZVideoQ20GamesQQadnZVideoQ20GameQ20AccessoriesQQptdiZ689QQddiZ1330QQcmdZExpressItem

)

I am getting slightly confused with this all.

I think the original pack is in good supply (there seem to be quite a few
on
Ebay) but the newer version less so.

I don't yet have the ability to make use of the optical options for sound
but I have been passing the sound through to my hi-fi system for my
current
TV and will look to do so with the LCD TV. The Hi-Fi doesn't have an
optical
option but I might upgrade down the line so want to (if possible) buy a
cable which allows for this option in the future.

Can anyone please advise which cable, and if the latter, does anyone know
where to source one?

Thanks for your help.

Mark

--